Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WPPI 2010 Review

Thanks to all of those Lovecats that made it out to our mixer on Sunday, it was great to meet you guys!! I hope that you were able to meet other people that you will keep in touch with for many years to come! Did you take any pics? If so, email them to us - we'd love to share them!

Now that you're home, caught up on sleep and can think straight... what were your thoughts about WPPI 2010??

Favorite presentation?
Favorite thing at the trade show?
Favorite restaurants?
Favorite parties?
Who did you meet that surprised you?
Any other thoughts??

Corey Ann is a wedding & lifestyle photographer from North Canton, OH. She is a mix of everything - fashionista, travel guru, deal hound and geek rolled into one. She's had a website online since 1997 and a blog since 1999. When not plotting world domination or her next trip, she can be found reading one of the 100+ books she reads a year. Follow her on Twitter.

3 comments:

  1. Favorite presentation? For me this was Jerry Ghionis, I had wanted to see him present for a long time but never made it to the 8AM class he seems to always have. I am glad that I finally made it.

    Favorite thing at the trade show? While I don't shoot video, the thing that WOWED me was the album + video thing at Artefact. Pretty spiffy! I also loved the service at Midwest Photo Exchange and plan on using them more in the future.

    Favorite restaurants? I visited my old favorite (Seablue) but I got a new favorite too, Pearl. AND I HATE CHINESE! LOL

    Favorite parties? (other than ours since that's cheating!) I didn't attend too many this year, but I have to say that [b]ecker/the [b] school threw a great soiree. I didn't pay for my tickets, but even if I had, I wouldn't have been disappointed as the food was plentiful, the drinks were free and the company was fantastic. Great job [b]!

    Who did you meet that surprised you? I met a local couple that I'd heard nothing but bad things about from other local photogs. Turns out, they are the nicest people and were super sweet in person. Goes to show you that you need to always judge for yourself :)
    Any other thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite Presentation: plus class with Julia and Jeff Woods and platform Jesh de Rox. Both AMAZING
    Favorite Restaurant: Spago or Signature room service
    Favorite Party: Lasers and Airhorns. DJ was so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite Presentation:
    Jesh de Rox.
    I laughed, I cried, and I laughed until I cried... and I was moved. He was seriously, just wow.

    AND, I really liked the Awards Ceremony! My friend and i had only planned on going to part of it(made other plans), and I wish we had planned to stay for the whole thing. It was a lot of fun (at least the first 40 min we were there, anyhow!)


    Favorite thing at the Tradeshow:
    AlbumExposure.
    I signed up within like 3 minutes. I needed an album proofing option, and their presentation was simple and to the point, and it was what I needed! Loved that I didn't feel pressured at their booth, too... which is probably one reason I bought so quickly? So excited to use it this year.
    Favorite Restaurants:
    Went to one, but wasn't thrilled (which was so sad, since there were so many good options!). The rest of the time, we made food in our room. Stayed at The Signature MGM and had a mini kitchen. Saved us time, money, and calories:)

    Favorite Parties:
    Fast Track Photographer get together. It was for everyone who has done Dane Sander's workshop-- what an awesome group of people, and it was so great to see some of my old friends.

    Who did you meet that surprised you?
    A David Bowie impersonator. At McDonald's. At 1am.

    ReplyDelete